Summary: Online Review Statistics
Here’s what you need to know about online review statistics and pay attention to in 2021
Online reviews remain the go to source for connecting local businesses and potential customers. Consumers trust online reviews to help them determine which business provides the best customer experience. When consumers are looking at reviews they have expectations for high star ratings, how many reviews a business has and the recency of the reviews. Taking all of this information into consideration, these factors make it clear that this is something businesses cannot afford to ignore.
Online reviews sites such as Facebook, Google, and Yelp are the most powerful form of word-of-mouth marketing. Before we had online reviews, local businesses relied on family and friends sharing their business with their loved ones. Friends and family are still making those recommendations. They are just doing it on sites like Facebook, Twitter and Yelp, where they are available for everyone to see.
Google takes the number one spot for where online reviews are posted, a staggering 67% of online reviews left by consumers are left on Google. Facebook and Yelp, while still relevant are collectively capturing about 9% of online reviews that are being written while the remaining 24% are spread across all other platforms.
• Nearly nine out of ten consumers read reviews before making a purchase.62 percent of consumers say they will not buy from brands that censor online reviews.
• Three out of four shoppers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from a friend or family member.
• Google is by far the most popular online review platform. 57 percent of consumers look to Google to read reviews before making purchasing decisions.
• 56 percent of consumers read at least four reviews before making a purchase.
• Almost half of all internet users say they post online reviews at least once a month.
• More than half of customers expect businesses to respond to their negative reviews within a week.
• 97 percent of shoppers who read online reviews from other consumers also read responses from businesses.
• Eight in ten consumers consult online reviews for local businesses.
• Product pages with customer reviews experience 3.5 times more conversions than those without.
Online reviews are a critical component to attracting and converting new customers for any local business. They increase brand recognition and visibility with increased local search rankings, online reviews left by customers are going to influence purchasing decisions, not to mention the feedback that is left may help you identify areas of your business that could improve customer experience.
More key statistics as to the importance of online reviews:
• 67% of all customer reviews are written on Google
• 45% of review requests were sent through SMS in 2020
• Retail businesses sent more review requests than any other industry in 2020
• In 2020, the average open rate for review request emails was 69%
• Conversion rates of emailed review requests is 21%, and the SMS conversion rate is 30%
• Only 28% of customer reviews are responded to by businesses, across all industries
Bottom line, in order to remain competitive and relevant your business absolutely needs a steady stream of positive online reviews. Let us get you started on a 30 day free trial and we will take care of the setup and the automation so that you can start sending automated SMS and email review requests to your customers today!
#getmoregooglereviews #customerreviews #facebookrecommendations #localseo #rankhigher #rankedbrainhq #rankedbrain #fivestarreviews #googlemybusinsessreviews #reviewmicrosite #GoogleReviews #foodtruckfeedback #onlinereviews #foodtruckreviews #FoodTruckOwners #foodtruck #foodtruckcatering #mobilecatering #getfoodtruckreviews #fivestarfoodtruck #findafoodtruck #onlinefoodtruckreviews #foodtruckfoodie #streetfood #yelpreviews #opentablereviews #zomatoreviews #localfoodtrucks #kcfoodtrucks